More than that, the invitations reflect our commitment to the environment, as all invitation collections on this website are created "with 100% recycled paper, earth-friendly printing methods, an eco equipped studio, and carbon free shipping." If that seems like an environmental step above many other invitation vendors, Earthly Affairs makes a giant leap for greenkind in its all-around company ethics:
- Offsetting co2 emissions resulting from shipments and business through carbonfund.org.
- Donating a portion of profits to environmental projects.
- From paper to ink cartridges and even to their studio furniture, Earthly Affairs recycles or reuses everything they can.
- Implementing energy saving practices, such as installing compact fluorescent light bulbs, turning off all equipment and lights when not in use, saving paper by utilizing electronic documents, and purchasing energy-star rated electronics.
- Composting and/or recycling leftover paper scraps.
- Reusing shipping supplies or materials.
If you're an eco-bride and don't see something that piques your fancy on Earthly Affairs' site, a number of other companies offer invitations made from recycled paper. Here's a sampling of my favorites:
- www.oblationpapers.com/wedding (notice the cute nest invites!)
- http://www.greenfieldpaper.com/index.cfm (these can be embedded with seeds and planted in guests' gardens)
- http://www.minted.com/eco-friendly (all sorts of chic designs)
- http://www.hellolucky.com/wedding-invitations.html (fun, modern motifs)
Nowadays you can even send save-the-dates via email - a Google search will yield prospects like www.theknot.com (in conjunction with a Knot wedding website) or even video save-the-date inspiration. The sky's the limit with how creative and eco-friendly you desire to be - I hope you'll aim high!
Note: Image courtesy of Earthly Affairs.