Sunday, January 3, 2010

Our Stamping Grounds







Besides Holschbach honey, another treasure lay in my parent's abode, hidden away in the basement. On Christmas Eve Dan and I searched high and low through basement boxes and containers in a quest for my mom's stamping supplies from the early 2000s. We eventually found the containers and unleashed our creative juices in a stamping frenzy, creating homemade wedding thank-you cards. Dan found a punch that cut tiny oak leaves in the cards, while I enjoyed tying bows with a rustic raffia ribbon to accent cards. Mom's smorgasbord of stamps with a nature motif gave us all we needed to reflect ourselves perfectly - through birds, trees and leaves, honeybees, bugs, nests, and more.

We were able to kill two birds with one stone by making homemade cards. First, by fashioning the cards ourselves, we reflected our love for nature while adding a personal touch for our guests even beyond the eventual written message. Second, we used pent-up resources that were hidden in my family's basement. It made sense to utilize my Mom's vast stamp collection and ink pads that hadn't been used in years - all I had to do was purchase blank cards. Though I'm not sure if the cards I purchased were made of recycled paper (I deserve a slap on the wrist for that!), I rest assured that I got to control the decorations and inks. Now, after seeing my and Dan's handiwork, Mom is inspired to get back into stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment